Pop-up store: how it can help to boost your ecommerce
If you have built up a successful ecommerce store and are looking for even more growth, then a pop-up store can be a great idea. Essentially, a pop-up store enables customers to put a face to a name that they are only familiar with online.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of a pop-up store, what it is, and how it can help to boost your ecommerce.
What is a pop-up store exactly?
A pop-up store is a physical shop that opens for a short amount of time to help promote an online retailer, or ecommerce brand. They are a great way to test the viability of opening a permanent store, or they can be an effective promotional tool.
A pop-up store is usually much more engaging than a traditional store and combines creative elements to create a memorable experience. This helps to showcase your brand’s personality and unique selling points (USP).
The term ‘flash retailing’ is sometimes used to describe a pop-up store, and they have become extremely popular because they are a great way to engage with your audience, helping towards a community feel.
If a customer has remained loyal to a brand for a number of years, then it is a novel experience to be able to put a human face on a brand, increasing this brand loyalty even further. Not only this, but pop-up shops can also be used to launch limited-time offers, potentially resulting in a buying frenzy.
What are the benefits of a pop-up store?
- Create an engaging experience for your customers
pop-up stores are an excellent marketing strategy, helping ecommerce brand owners interact with their customers and vice versa. This level of engagement helps to build relationships and can help secure brand advocates in the long run.
- Gather face-to-face feedback
Speaking to your customers in person allows you to gather lots of valuable feedback, helping you to really get to know your customer base. Perhaps even share a QR code that takes visitors to an online survey.
- Follow your audience
Unlike a permanent store, a pop-up shop allows an ecommerce brand to go directly to its customers. If your analytics show that a large number of sales are from a particular region, then this would be a great location for such a venture. Affluent areas, in particular, are treated to regular flash retailing.
- Conduct market research on the possibility of a permanent store
If you are thinking about opening up a permanent store in the future, then creating a few pop-up stores throughout the year can be worthwhile. This allows you to try various locations to see which ones have the most footfall.
- It can be cheaper than generating leads online
Digital marketing can come at a cost, and over time, certain channels may have been exhausted in terms of potential leads. A pop-up store is a cost-effective way of reaching out to new customers.
Pop-up store ideas to help boost ecommerce
There are five main pop-up store ideas for an ecommerce brand to consider.
- Virtual pop-ups - Virtual-Reality (VR) rooms, streamable shopping, and even augmente -reality (AR) shopping can allow customers to shop and interact from the comfort of their own homes. You can also offer a range of payment options to make life even easier, such as allowing customers to pay with Net 30 accounts if they need more time.
- Storefront pop-ups - This is when a brand leases a physical store for a number of weeks or months.
- A Store within A Store (SWAS) - Many ecommerce brands choose to open up a temporary store within a well-known department store for maximum footfall.
- Event pop-ups - Temporary pop-up Stalls that coincide with a big event, such as a festival or convention.
- Mobile pop-ups - Similar to a food truck, a mobile pop-up allows brands to move from place to place to meet their target audiences.
5 tips for creating a pop-up store
- Always set a clear objective for your pop-up store
- Conduct thorough research to find the right venue.
- Launch a strong marketing campaign before and during the pop-up period.
- Try to gather as much feedback from customers as possible.
- Offer products that customers cannot find on your online store.
Is a pop-up store right for you?
Most successful ecommerce brands will reach a point where a pop-up store can be an effective marketing strategy. Due to the number of different pop-up types, it is likely that your brand can also benefit from such a strategy to reach a wider audience and build customer loyalty.
However, it is very important to have a clear strategy and a full understanding of what you hope to achieve by launching a pop-up shop.