1, 2, 3: Getting Started with TikTok on PrestaShop
Have you heard about the popularity of TikTok and its impact on business across industries? As of April 2022, the #TikTokMadeBuyIt has over 10B views globally. The TikTok Social Commerce Moduleon PrestaShop gives you all the capabilities of TikTok for Business right in your back office. Kick off your TikTok journey with these tips and tricks.
*Source: TikTok Internal Data, Global, Jan 2020 - April 2022
Tip 1: Set up your module
TikTok makes it simple to connect to your PrestaShop. You can set up your account in a few easy steps. These steps are outlined in our handy set up guide, so it's best to get started there first.
Once you're connected, you have access to the most advanced TikTok pixel, allowing you to maximize campaign performances and more. You will also have priority access to additional commerce features as they launch.
Tip 2: Make your first TikTok
Create your first TikTok and become a part of #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt. One of the easiest ways to get started is to introduce yourself, your product or service, or share a story about your business.
The most successful TikToks are videos that tell stories that feel authentic to the platform. Here are a few ideas for how to showcase your business on TikTok:
- Share your story: What is the story behind your business?
Share how you got started and what makes it special.
- Share your products: How do you source/make/package your products? Show users the care that goes into each order.
- Share your results: Users want to know what to expect from your products and how to use them. Try demos and tutorials.
- Share behind the scenes: What does a day in the life of your business look like? Users love behind the scenes content, so give them a fun glimpse.
Once you have your vision, here are some tactical tips for making your first video:
- Sound on: Sounds are integral to the TikTok video experience. Sound and music should be a key consideration when building content.
- 12-15 second video: While videos can range from 6-60 seconds, 12-15 is the recommended time due to user attention span. If the story you're telling is better suited to a longer time, and is still engaging, that is fair game.
- Vertical video: TikTok is built for vertical video. Most user content is shot on a phone, in app. Anything other than vertical looks out of place.
- Use captions: Captions below your content allow you to provide conetst to the audience as to what they are watching and waht you are looking for them to do
- Drive clicks with CTAs: Use CTAs to drive your audience to take action. Tell them what you want them to do upon watching your video - shop now, click to website, find out more, etc.
Tip 3: Start Advertising
Once you've gotten the hang of making TikToks, you're ready to start your TikTok advertising journey!
You can get started with product-based in-feed videos directly within the Smart Video generator, by clicking on "Create an Ad". When you're ready to dive into TikTok Ads Manager, try starting with the 3 primary ad types recommended for new advertisers:
- Spark Ads: Spark Ads enable brands to boost top-performing Organic Brand Account or Creator Posts with paid media
- Collection Ads: Curated collections of best-selling products; Directs to a personalized storefront based on user data
- Lead Gen Ads: Generate Leads Directly on TikTok; Prefill basic customer info and Integrate with CRM partners to help qualify and convert leads
By combining organic and paid posts, you're well on your way to promoting your products across TikTok to your customers, right where they are scrolling.
More TikTok Resources:
The TikTok for Business blog has great content to help you on your journey towards helping your business grow your TikTok presence and boost your revenue! Some of our favorite posts are below: