PrestaShop Checkout, a 100% secure solution
PrestaShop and PayPal have been working together since 2019 to offer you the best simplified payment solution. An unprecedented solution to attract more customers, in France and abroad, optimize your conversion rate and simplify the management of payment methods in your administration interface.
PrestaShop Checkout is a new solution that ensures you can accept all types of payments, including credit cards, PayPal, applications, and local payment methods, with complete security.
With PayPal, you get reliable, 100% secure technology (3D Secure 2), including a system for managing anti-fraud detection rules that can block transactions with a high-risk score. For example, if your card is used in a foreign country for the first time, while it was used in another country the night before, the transaction will be blocked. A multitude of rules and machine learning feed these rules for maximum protection.
Key arguments for your customers who are faced with the new transaction protection measures when PSD 2, the Payment Services Directive 2, entered into force. This standard, which came into effect on September 14, 2019, requires double verification of the identity of your shoppers. During online payment transactions, verification with at least 2 of the following 3 elements will be requested:
- Something that only the shopper knows (password, code, etc.)
- Something that only the shopper possesses (mobile phone, smart card, etc.)
- A personal characteristic of the shopper (fingerprint, voice recognition, etc.)
PrestaShop Checkout: a boost for your conversions
PrestaShop Checkout follows many optimized rules that can increase conversion rates:
- The purchase funnel is simplified to streamline the steps that can cause the customer to abandon the purchase. Thanks especially to the PayPal buying journey that appears as a popup on the same page, redirection to another page at the time of payment is a thing of the past. Pre-filling and, then, the small amount of information needed for the credit card payment also support the conversion rate.
- Lack of choice in payment methods is the cause of one in two conversion losses. By offering your customers the opportunity to use their preferred payment method, including the most popular local solutions, you reduce the risk of them leaving your ecommerce site without making a purchase.
PrestaShop Checkout: an innovative payment experience
PrestaShop Checkout's performance is reflected in the simplicity of managing and monitoring all transactions occurring on your store's page. You benefit from centralized management of your payment flow in a single module integrated into your administration interface, regardless of the payment method used: Visa or Mastercard, PayPal, local payment methods, etc., all at one of the lowest commission rates on the market.
PrestaShop Checkout is a scalable solution, benefiting from regular updates and the latest features offered by PayPal, which allows you to continue to grow your online business while offering an optimal shopping experience to your customers.
PrestaShop Checkout: A tool that allows you to grow internationally
Any ecommerce business that wants to launch internationally, or worldwide from the beginning, must offer suitable payment methods according to the region. Indeed, your customers do not have the same preferences, be they in France, Australia, or Mexico. PrestaShop Checkout includes local means of payment such as Bancontact in Belgium among many others, so you can satisfy your entire customer base.
What PrestaShop Checkout has to offer
- Free and simple activation
- An optimized payment process for all devices (desktop, mobile, and tablet)
- Complete protection for all your transactions
- Improved acceptance rate for your transactions
- PayPal payment in installments: Check your country's conditions in our pricing brochure.
- Accept payments from over 190 countries in 20 different currencies
- Starting in 2023, PrestaShop Checkout is available for your ecommerce business in Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, and Singapore, as well as Australia, Romania, and Austria.
Improve your store's shopping experience and conversion rate with PrestaShop Checkout, with fewer clicks and no redirection. Don't lose your potential customers at the payment stage!