Bulk product upload is so easy...

onlydeshpande

I was under the impression that bulk product uploading is very complex in case of Prestashop. However, I recently invested some time to explore how it works and found it very easy.

Follow this useful video to understand the steps involved -

(this is 1/4 video; you may get rest 3 videos listed in right column of YouTube screen)

Note that you need to create semicolon delimited CSV file for bulk upload (bulk import) and to create it, you need Apache Open Office; MS Excel wont help as it uses comma separated CSV and not semicolon.

Sagar

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi jbarrick,

What happens if you upload more than 20? Do you get any error, or does it just freeze? Most probably a memory problem. Try if you can increase the memory available for PrestaShop (can you edit php.ini?). Ask your host for help if you cannot edit php.ini directly, or search the forum for some more options on changing memory settings if they don't allow any editing.

My 2 cents,

pascal.

What I have been experiencing is that each attempt I begin where I left off with the csv upload by entering how many lines to skip.

I pair the columns up and begin the process.

After a couple of minutes I get an "Internal Server Error".

I go back to the admin page and then to the Catalog > Products page and check how many products have been added.

Most frequently it's about 20 products.  Sometimes less, rarely more and seems to be proportional to how many Image URLs were part of the group just added.

The last product added will always be incomplete (Quatity and some images are usuallly missing).

I manually complete the parts that are missing, including manually uploading the missing images, before starting the process over again.

I just editied the php.ini file for:  memory_limit = 256M

Restarted web services and started this process of csv upload.

I was able to upload 38 products this time.

Any increase is welcome but I sure wish it would be more significant.

Well, at least we see some progress ;-)

Maybe try to get to this list:

memory_limit = 2048M       <- not sure how much you have, but: the higher the better for import.
max_execution_time = 1000; <- also important, otherwise the script times out. When importing
max_input_time = -1;              a lot, maybe even higher is needed

Other nice to haves:

post_max_size = 15M; <- if you work with bigger files
upload_max_filesize = 15M;
max_input_vars = 10000; <- for when you start translating lines in B.O., not so important now
suhosin.get.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;

Good luck!
pascal

• 11 months later...

Hi

I have lots off problem while uploading bulk products with CSV file in Prestashop v1.6.0.11.

Problem I am getting when I am upload CSV for bulk products uploading.

1) Its not taking multiple category, multiple images url, 

2) and when i upload a CSV file its take all values in one Column, Like all the values showed in ID.

Please help me

If possible provide me a sample tested CSV file.

• 1 year later...

hi,

I try to add bulk product in my store using csv but i face some problem.

after uploading csv and click on NEXT page 

in next page show Save your data matching configuration anyone tell me what this configuration.

and csv not show as column on page .

please help 

I using 1.6.1.6 version default theme

post-1026410-0-91173700-1466085132_thumb.png