Force Update of Simplified URLs

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I recently realized that the "Force Update of Simplified URLs" option was not enabled via Store Settings -> Products. This is very problematic in my case because it affects many products.

Therefore, I have several questions:

- If I enable this option, will the catalog automatically update in its entirety, or will the forced update only apply to the next modified products?

- Is there a solution to manage SEO redirects in bulk automatically from there?

Thank you.

Edited by AcidLava (see edit history)

Thank you for your feedback and your work. I just uploaded the files on my admin.

But I can't find the product-edit.php related in the doc. Could you please explain me the process to Force Update of Simplified URLs and redirect them ? 

3 hours ago, AcidLava said:

Thank you for your feedback and your work. I just uploaded the files on my admin.

But I can't find the product-edit.php related in the doc. Could you please explain me the process to Force Update of Simplified URLs and redirect them ? 

When you unzip the file you should find product-edit.php between the resulting files.

To change the urls you need to regenerate the link_rewrite field (that is a mass edit function).

4 minutes ago, AcidLava said:

Merci pour votre retour. J'ai lancé une régénération hier mais ne voit pas de résultat à l'heure.

Capture d’écran 2024-05-29 à 10.13.42.png

That looks strange. It seems that there is a javascript error. Can you check for that?

BTW: did you make the field editable in the hide-show-edit section?

1 hour ago, AcidLava said:

Just sent you a video in PM.

This way I cannot see the link_rewrite field. Please switch the description fields off the way you switched the link_rewrite field on.

Please follow the right order:

- first make the link_rewrite field editable

- only then do the mass edit operation

- check that things have been changed and then submit

It looks like in the middle of the video a javascript error is happening that refreshes the page and sets it back to default.

At the end all the rows disappear. I have never seen that before. the video isn't clear enough to understand what you are doing at that moment.

At the moment your setting at the top is to show 100 rows. Please reduce that to 2 or 3. That is easier debugging.

When I update all editable records, the Link-Rewrite goes uncheck and disappear on the product lists.

About non-latin char I don't think so but hard to say on +3000 products.

"the Link-Rewrite goes uncheck and disappear on the product lists"

That points to a page refresh due to a javascript error

"About non-latin char I don't think so but hard to say on +3000 products"

Only the products processed matter in this context. That is why I ask to try with just 2 or 3.

On 5/29/2024 at 1:01 PM, AcidLava said:

When I update all editable records, the Link-Rewrite goes uncheck and disappear on the product lists.

About non-latin char I don't think so but hard to say on +3000 products.

When you have the browser console open when you press "update all editable records" you should see the javascript error. 

Reducing the number of updated products to 2 or 3 enables you to do a visual inspection. If those have a clean name and the error still occurs you know that it is something else. 

When report the error to me I can likely find out what goes wrong and fix it.