Product with combinations - one master quantity

Hello everyone!

The configuration of having different combinations works perfectly if you are selling let's say t-shirts. You got a t-shirt with S, M, L etc., and you can set to have 15 pieces of S, 7 of Medium, 10 of L etc.

However, in the case of my store, the attributes/combinations are actually one master product with something added to it, let's say a cable. So I need all combinations to be linked to only one master stock quantity. Whatever combination user buys, the stock is reduced.

I found some people were also looking for a solution to this problem, but what I found was outdated.

Anyone with ideas how to handle that?

Regards,

Ivan

prestaqty.jpg

• 2 months later...

No, in the end I found out that I also have products that need them to work in the original way, so I just ended up adding those variations as separate products. In the example above, I just added the switch cap as a separate product and only sell the switch without a cap.

I created such a modification or module for my customer. It was only necessary to check the option "subtract the combination as a whole product" in the product administration. Then the combination was not deducted in the warehouse, but it is deducted only for the product. It was only calculated as the amount is on the first tab of the product edit.

But each industry has its own and the module needs to be adapted to a specific type of assortment.

• 7 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 10:18 AM, ps8modules.com said:

I created such a modification or module for my customer. It was only necessary to check the option "subtract the combination as a whole product" in the product administration. Then the combination was not deducted in the warehouse, but it is deducted only for the product. It was only calculated as the amount is on the first tab of the product edit.

But each industry has its own and the module needs to be adapted to a specific type of assortment.

Are you able to create this modification? I require this same thing, have product with combinations that are automatically produced as customers modify and personalise a product so i cant change that it makes combinations but every time it makes combinations it makes the stock for that customized product 1000 so i need a master stock level which is the default combination and everything else uses that stock level automatically not its own combination stock level 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a suggestion that may meet your needs:
1. It is prohibited to use attributes to combine features, and only use standard products.
2. Using customized features, customers are asked to choose their own customized attributes.
In this way, based on standard products, the inventory is of course an inventory system, without delaying customers' free choice of customized attributes.

Advanced product customization-Reuse attribute display

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/combinaisons-customization/52000-advanced-product-customization-reuse-attribute-display.html