Exact upgrade sequence from 1.6.x.x to 1.7.x.x ?

Hello everybody.

I have some doubts on upgrading major versions, specifically from 1.6.x to 1.7.6

I have read this topic here to first clone my shop:

but my question are:

1) If I execute 1-click upgrade enabling the option "Disable non-native modules" are also 3rd parties plugins' tables and data safely kept/upgraded?

2) After 1-click, should I re-enable 3rd parties plugins and then upgrade them OR first upgrade and then re-enable them?

3) should I disable the 3rd party theme and then upgrade it OR keep it enabled and upgrade it soon after 1-click?

4) would the system translations?

5) ...something else to keep in mind?

Thanks for any help, it's my first major version upgrade and I am a bit worried :)

Cheers

here is official upgrade guidance, the reason to clone the shop (and then make backup for restore so you can try upgrade over again), is to try upgrade.....

when going 1.6 to 1.7,  then I would uninstall/delete before upgrade, as for theme, select upgrade default theme, you want it to switch to default theme in 1.7 as 1.6 is not compliant, then load new 1.7 compliant theme.

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/

here is a cheat sheet guide

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mehere said:

Thank you very much @El Patron! Always of great help in this community! Will try and report back which could be useful to other newbies/dummies like me :)

you are very welcome, honestly we have for a agency 7 years old done more upgrades than 'anybody' and all with kick butt front ends.  we only use leo/apollo themes....be careful not to be first adopter of a particular release and ALWAYS do upgrades on copy never production shops, this is biggest cause of ecommerce failure.

remember this is a shopping cart and now a wordpress type cms so you will hit bumps, on a test copy you can have time to sort issue not so with production

PEOPLE STOP UPGRADING YOUR PRODUCTION SHOPS!  LOL

• Like 1

I did a trial with my clone copy of production shop (1.6.1.15) to 1.7.6 using 1-click upgrade. The upgrade completed but I can't access to FO.

I Can access to BO.( I have installed a fresh copy of 1.7 in the single server. Everything works)