Send shopping cart to email address

hi,

I'm looking for a module or modification to send a pre-filled shopping cart to an email address.

-> for new customer only, so don't have address yet, means cannot use the new order function in backend.

-> shopping cart will be created in backend by admin

Any idea?

but in this case I need to provide information about my customer, which I won't have at this point.

All I got is the email address and I want to send link to pre-filled shopping cart to customer, then customer can use this link, will see the shopping cart and can create an account, choosing shipping, payment..

WHat if you use a dummy customer? Like create one, and ask the customer to change address once it's loaded.
Otherwise I think you need some custom modifications, like creating a page/module that, when run, will accept a url parameter like cart id, and load it for the person currently browsing the site

I´m looking a module like you describe since a long time :-)

The modules like "devis" can modify price to product to send a customer, but not let send checkout order in mail.

I´m looking a module that let create a cart with product with prices or other price (can modify the original price) a customer that not be register on store (also if be register can send devis :-) ) and that i can send a mail with checkout link to pay this cart.

Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...

I need the same thing, a URL that points to specific shopping cart IDs (I want to put URLs in customer follow-up emails to cut down on abandoned carts).  I'm sure it must be possible somehow, because you can view abandoned carts in the back office and even turn them into orders.

For example, a URL to a cart in the BO view is:

https://www.website.com/admin/index.php?controller=AdminCarts&id_cart=2568&viewcart&token=abcedefg

So I'm thinking that a FO URL might look something like this:

http://www.website.com/index.php?controller=Cart&id_cart=2568&viewcart

Does anyone know the syntax needed to make a URL that would display a cart in the FO?

Thanks in advance!

Elaine

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

Great idea Nemo1 ! But, how can we do this ?

I want to do the same thing in my PS 1.4.7 :

1) Create a new SQL column in ps_cart called "id_unique"
2) Generate, in my cart, a "Permalink" with jquery string "id_unique=XXXXXX" who the id is random

3) When i click on the permalink "www.domaine.com/cart?id_unique=123456" :

a/ If i don't have a cart : create a new Cart

b/ if i already have a cart, reset Cart

4) Get "id_cart" in ps_cart where i have the same "id_unique"

5) Duplicate "id_product" "id_product_atrribute" and "quantity" from ps_cart_product for my new cart

Logically, it's possible to load the same products right ?

I can't recall much of the 1.4 logic, but the thing seems possible. Although I would just create a new cart, and use the method 1.4 uses to add products while going through the original list, adding them one by one, instead of duplicating