Top horizontal menu does not drop down

mareco

Hi,

when I add categories and sub-categories to the top horizontal menu  they are displayed horizontally, not as a drop down menu.

I have tried adding CMS items also, but there is no hover effect and no drop down.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling this module, but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thankyou

I don't get any drop down, horizontally or vertically. I have to click on the menu item which then takes me to another page which shows the categories associated with that menu item. Sureley this is not how it is supposed to work? I previously had Version 1.5 and all the menus dropped down no problem.

Solved it!

I had removed the quick search box previously. When I re-installed the search box, the drop down menu works perfectly. If I remove or unhook the quick search box, the top horizontal menu does not work.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm that in PS 1.6 if you unhook the quick search module (search_block_top) from displayNav, it will disable the block_top_menu drop-down feature for submenus....ouch.

I'm including a link to my thread so that those of you who want a temporary fix to this but don't want the search module in your displayNav can achieve your needs ...until PS team releases a bug fix for the block_top_menu module (my bug report in other thread also).

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/344703-block-top-menu-dropdown-superfish-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1737343

Edited by vegaskev (see edit history)
  • Like 1