Friendly URLs and images gone missing

Hi, I have two questions.

1. How to make friendly URLs properly? I found SEO & URL preferences, checked "Friendly URL" option and all the images of products disappeared.

Tried to set Route to CMS page and Route to CMS category

but still my CMS pages get friendly URLs like domain/content/{id}-{rewrite}

cannot remove {id}

can remove 'content', but it changes nothing.

How to achieve such links TLD/{rewrite} ?

2. Why did all the images disappear ?Do I have to upload them once again as I think it is so because of the friendly URLs.

1488699.jpeg

What to do? After checking "Friendly URL" to no. Images reappear

In Prestashop version 1.4.x, you need to re-build .htaccess file. But in version 1.5.x, when you check Friendly URL, it automatically re-builds that file.

Which version of Prestashop you are using now?

I am using 1.5.3.1

You lost me there.

Could you please tell me step by step, what to do.

go to the preferences -> Images, then scroll page down, and you will see subsection "Regenerate thumbnails". From dropdown list select the:

"Products" and from second dropdown select new image type. Then click on Regenerate thumbnails button:

14LaqQU.png

go to the preferences -> Images, then scroll page down, and you will see subsection "Regenerate thumbnails". From dropdown list select the:

"Products" and from second dropdown select new image type. Then click on Regenerate thumbnails button:

14LaqQU.png

It did not work. Upon PrestashopMonster.com request I've checked if .htaacces file changes its timestamp - to check if server does permit to write the file

• 1 month later...

Can anyone please check the post http://www.prestasho...ly-url-enabled/ and suggest what needs to be done?

Our system is already has use the legacy image filesystem as no. Also we are using all custom images.

Will moving images to new file system help? mod-rewrite is also enabled on our server and URLs are also getting created properly.

Images are showing properly in admin panel.

Regards,

Abhijeet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

i'm heaving the same problem with on prestashop 1.5.6.0 when mod_rewrite is used images are not showing on products

this is the url from te image with mod_rewrite

http://presta.printurifoto.ro/1-thickbox_default/d-ring-vinyl-view-binder-4in-capacity-black.jpg

and with mod rewrite disabled:

http://presta.printurifoto.ro/img/p/1/1-thickbox_default.jpg

also images in the admin are not showing.

can someone please point me to the problem, regenerating thumbs did not work :(

• 1 month later...

Guys..I experienced the same problem. Product image disappears when enable friendly url. I have tried some solutions from the expert here such as rebuild htaccess, regenerating thumbnail, etc but my product image keep disappearing. This drive me so crazy. But, uhuuh, I choose the silly solution for this. I delete the product image one by one and re-upload it. Bingo, this works!!!. Remember, keep friendly url setting enable when reupload the image. :)