Multiple Color Pickers?

Hi,

I am using Prestashop for a jewellery website where there are mulitple colour attributes for many of the products for example:

Wire colour, gold or silver
&
Crystal colour; clear, pink, blue etc.

I have used textures for these different attributes and that part has been working fine, but i am wanting to have two sets of colour pickers, so people can view the wire colours as well as crystal colours.... is this possible?

So far I have only been able to get it to do either/or.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I agree.

I am currently working on a shop where people should be able to choose multiple materials to make a bag of.
(lets say: Fabric 1 [a,b,c], Fabric 2 [a,d,e], Fabric 3 [b,e,f]).. Now if want to put this all in one 'picker' than it means I would have to make 18 different variations to chose from. (a+a+b, a+a+e, a+a+f, a+d+b, etc.)

I had a look at the code, and it seems that there are two things limiting multiple color-pickers.

1) In the database table ps_product there is a column called id_color_default, which tells prestashop which color-group should trigger the color-picker.
2) in product.tpl there is the following code on line 130

{if $colors}
       <!-- colors -->

{l s='Pick a color:' js=1}

{foreach from=$colors key='id_attribute' item='color'}
{if file_exists($col_img_dir|cat:$id_attribute|cat:'.jpg')}{/if}
           {/foreach}

{/if}

which appears to add the color-picker to the page. Unfortunatly I'm not sure what the array $color contains
(does it also contain the other color options, not in the default group? Could this be placed in a foreach-loop? So it would display a color-picker for each color-group?)

if anyone has tried to alter this, please let me know!

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately I have had no luck with this. I decided the quickest way to solve this was to add an overview of the options as an image to the product. And then mention in the text that people can/have to make a choice.

I understand this is far from ideal.. but I have had no luck with adding multiple colorpickers yet.

• 2 months later...

I have successfully added multiple color pickers to a Prestashop site. See: http://www.findofficefurniture.com/u-shape-desks/1045-cameron-u-desk-set-left.html

But my solution involved adding a new row to the ps_product table in the database and many people may not want to get involved with that. When I get time I will try to document the procedure and specify all the file changes that need to be made. In the meantime, I am a (very affordable) freelancer for hire and if you would like for me to implement this for you please contact me at [email protected]

• 2 months later...

I really like the look of your website, very nicely done. I was wondering if you were able to put together a document to show all the changes you made. I would like to setup my website pretty much just like yours.

Thanks

I have successfully added multiple color pickers to a Prestashop site. See: http://www.findofficefurniture.com/u-shape-desks/1045-cameron-u-desk-set-left.html

But my solution involved adding a new row to the ps_product table in the database and many people may not want to get involved with that. When I get time I will try to document the procedure and the specify all the file changed that need to be made. In the meantime, I am a (very affordable) freelancer for hire and if you would like for me to implement this for you please contact me at [email protected]

• 6 months later...

But my solution involved adding a new row to the ps_product table in the database and many people may not want to get involved with that. When I get time I will try to document the procedure and specify all the file changes that need to be made. In the meantime, I am a (very affordable) freelancer for hire and if you would like for me to implement this for you please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

I would like to 'pickers' on my site, would you be able to duplicate this procedure for me but instead of colours I would like sizes??? Also I would like the drop downs removed so that the 'Pickers' perform the all the duties of the customer picking the colour/size and relays the customers selections to me via there order. I am happy to pay for you services if you can complete.

• 5 months later...

management of unlimited variation in size and non-pickers pickers = color palette pickers This module allows you to put all the variation you want to display pickers like color palette, but several times to display the pickers for each version that you want to view format pickers.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features/1247-gestion-declinaisons-illimites.html

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...